Thursday 18 August 2011

Table Guitars?


I won’t go into too much detail or or indeed rant on about how we feel about our American company closing our highly profitable UK factory down and taking it all over to Delaware you can work that out for your selves! But it does mean I have only two weeks of work left before I'm made redundant and have STILL no new job to go too:( I say work, we stopped production a few weeks back and have been taking apart every thing we have built up bolt by bolt. OK enough negativity. One of the surplus items I have my name on is an old table that our printer stands on, I never noticed till yesterday that it has solid mahogany legs! Enough seasoned timber for four guitar or uke necks! :) That coupled with cigar boxes I have left and the large pine dinning room table top I was given a little while back and despite not having any spare cash a few new instruments are being planned! Watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. Damn, sorry to hear about the job.
    Glad to hear about the tables!
    Good luck, Andy.
    Seems a lot of us folks are starting to feel the crunch.
    Helps to know that you're not alone.
    Take care,
    s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Shelley, those table legs are in my workshop now and are perfect for necks :) just wondering if I can get more than 4 from them. Also I have found some lengths of studding so maybe I can make my own adjustable truss rods! (Though not needed for ukes) Lots of other goodies from the factory too, MUST have a good clear out before it goes in!

    ReplyDelete