Monday, 21 February 2011

Finished dulcimer photo!



The cold weather on Saturday stopped me rushing to get the strings on so I put a coat of varnish on a retaired back into the house. By Sunday it was dry enough for me to drill out the holes for the string retaining pins and...........................let's cut to the chase, it sounds amazing!!!! Ok not quite as pretty as the £250 I tested in the shop I bought my strings from but as good as any recording I've heard and pretty loud too! I've been picking out tunes all evening.
I've a few things to go back and finish ,I'll do the high fret lunch time and later varnish the back, fit a piece of wood at the base of the headstock etc but I think I'll put those things off while I learn something to play for the open floor at the folk club next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment