Saturday 12 January 2013

The neck is now all cleaned up and ready for a new body! I'm thinking about that mahogany box I started on back in spring last year but it''s so short it would mean that the bridge would only be inches from the edge of the box which can't be good for the acoustics, but then again it does look cool and if it sounds good for practice (after all the sound hole is facing you at the top) and i can plug the thing in as I have kept the under bridge piezo pickup and preamp. I know whan this project will get finished though, the weather is really cold so my workshop is unusable until spring, the neck was done at work in my breaks but I'm not sure if I should take the whole instrument in there.
Sorry there aren't any pictures yet, here is the box as it was from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment